Monday, May 16, 2011

Pop-Tart Crazy

I have a love-hate relationship with Pop-Tarts. I have a feeling most people here do as well. One basic Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tart has 200 calories and 5g fat. In my opinion, any time TWO items are wrapped up in ONE pack, that pack should be considered a single serving!

Great news my friends, there are a couple of ways to get around this Pop-Tart funk. Pop-Tarts people came out with 100-calorie pouches of Pop-Tarts Mini Crisps. They come in both chocolate and strawberry frosted flavors. I really enjoy them, my favorite being strawberry. They are basically little crisps with frosting on them, and they actually taste like Pop-Tarts without the filling (which is normally way to sweet for me anyway). They are found in the cookie/cracker aisle in the grocery store.

If you are in dire need of a gooey filled pastry, and if you've gotta have something large and in charge, check out Amy's Organic Toaster Pops in Apple and Strawberry. Each one has 160 calories, 3.5g fat, and 2g fiber. Not bad. They do come four to a box, but at least they're frozen, so you can toast one up and leave the rest in the freezer. They are found in the organic frozen section of the supermarket. My favorite of these is Apple, but Strawberry is good as well.

http://www.poptarts.com/Minicrisps.aspx

3 comments:

  1. Those pop tart crisps were really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you put marshmallow fluff on the pop-tart mini crisps it's amazing!! Plus, there's only 40 calories in 2 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff and that's about all you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! I'm going to have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete