Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Biggest Loser Season 11...Normal Healthy Weight Loss

So I just watched the Season 11 finale of the Biggest Loser. I love the Biggest Loser for their ability to change people who are unhealthy into athletes. This year, my two favorite people were sisters Hannah and Olivia. Both of them at the finale lost a combined weight of 253 lbs in 5 months. Although I think that the Biggest Loser is amazing, I sometimes feel like they give false hope. Both of these girls lost around 48% of their body weight in 5 months, 5 MONTHS PEOPLE!

The contestants of the Biggest Loser workout for 8 hours a day. So basically working out is their job. Those of us who have normal, average, 8 hour a day jobs cannot workout 8 hours a day. So when you see someone on the Biggest Loser loose 20 lbs in one week, don't think like that is normal weight loss. If I were to work out 8 hours a day, I would be the same size as my pinky finger.

Most people start working out, see that they don't loose 10 lbs in one week and then dig into a pint of ice cream. This was actually a statement told to me by a sorority sister who is/was attempting to loose weight.

So what is the normal amount of weight a person should loose in a week? A healthy weight amount to loose is about 1 to 2 lbs a week. This may seem like a small amount, but trust me it adds up in the end, and plus if you think about it, you weren't loosing weight to begin with, so might as well loose it at a reasonable pace. This reasonable pace is what allows you to understand how to be healthy, because it is a life change, which is the whole main point about loosing weight, changing your life forever.

In case anyone was wondering or cares, I have lost 38.7% of my body weight in about 9 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment