Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jewish Snack: Bagel and Lox


So I first experienced this wonderful dish at my friend Daniella's house for New Years Breakfast. It's a Jewish Breakfast or Snack! It is absolutely wonderful. Its a very simple to make

Ingredients
Calories: 175
1 or 2 slices of Lox
Slice of Red Onion
Slice of Tomato
1 Thomas Bagel Thin (any flavor you desire)
1 oz fat free cream cheese
black pepper (optional)

Toast bagel in the toaster until desired toastyness (yeah I'm pretty lame with this statement). Spread cream cheese over toasted bagel. Place lox, onion, and tomato slices on the bagel and sprinkle with black pepper if you desire. There you have it!

I love Thomas Everything Bagel, Bagel Thins, which is what I used for my snack. I love Bagels in general, so these bagel thins are great because they are only 110 calories for 1 bagel (I just discovered these in the supermarket today)! If you don't know what lox is, its a cured salmon fillet. Lox is a little expensive, but you usually get a lot of it in the package. It's normally found near where all the shredded cheese/cream cheese or lunch meat section in the supermarket.

1 comment:

  1. I am so honoured to be mentioned in your blog! Twice! I had bagels and lox last week. Yummie :) HUGS HUGS from Daniella

    ReplyDelete