Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Egg Mug


This is a recipe from the HG 300 Under 300 Cookbook. I made this for the first time last week and I loved it so much, I had to share. If you were wondering what an egg mug is, well its basically a breakfast scramble in a mug! This recipe is super easy and there's really only one dish to clean up!

Ingredients
Serving Size: 1 Serving (entire mug), 117 Calories
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add spinach and onion, and microwave for 1 - 2 minutes, until softened.

Blot any excess liquid from veggies (This step is very important. If you don't get the liquid out, you will have runny eggs, trust me on this one). Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Stir gently. Add all other ingredients and lightly stir. Return to microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, until scramble is just set.

Gently stir, and then allow to cool slightly. Dig in! I paired this dish with a banana and my morning coffee! It is so low in calories you could almost make two and not feel guilty about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment