Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mango-Mango Pancakes


New Recipe I made this morning. It is a variation on the banana pancakes recipe I did a while back, but with a little twist. My aunt had bought mangos from Costco a while ago, and we still had a ton as of this morning. So I decided to make mango pancakes with them.

I love fresh tropical fruit, especially during the summer time! And boy do these things taste like summer!

Ingredients
Number of Servings-5 (2 Pancakes)
Calories- approx. 215

Heart Smart Bisquick (pancake and baking mix)-2 cups
Fat free skim milk or vanilla soy milk- 1 1/4 cups
liquid egg substitute-1/4 cup
1 medium fresh mango
1/2 Tbs. Mango Butter (I used Trader Joes Mango Butter)
cinnamon-2 teaspoons

Heat a pan on the stove on medium high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use butter flavor). Combine all ingredients (except mango) in a bowl and mix until all lumps are gone. Cut and mash Mango into small pieces and fold into pancake batter. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into pan and flip pancake when one side has set and golden brown. Let cool slightly and place two on a plate. Spread 1/4 Tbs of mango butter on each pancake and lightly drizzle with sugar free syrup or top with lite whipped cream. You don't need a lot of syrup or whipped topping because they are pretty sweet enough, but I love syrup so that's why I added it.

I get up at 5 AM to cook breakfast normally (I get up early to go to work or to train), and my Aunt and Uncle said they woke up, not because I was making too much noise, but because they said it smelled good downstairs in the kitchen! That's always a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment