Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes


Everything today has been telling me to make these cupcakes. I was actually going to make these for my birthday next week, but my family convinced me that making my own cake for my birthday was super lame :/. I wasn't sure if I was going to make these today, but when I walked into the grocery store, the first thing on display were mini-lemonade cupcakes...so that was the deciding factor to make these. I got the recipe from a blog that I follow, with a little modification of the recipe of course.

Ingredients
Serving Size: 1 cupcake (Yields 24)-97 Calories
18.25 oz box confetti/Funfetti cake mix, I used Duncan Hines
2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix (I used the Crystal Lite individual packets you pour into water bottles, which is 2 ½ packets)
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
lemon zest from half of a lemon
2 drops pink food coloring or 1 drop of red food coloring(optional)
Confetti sprinkles, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.

Stir together the water and pink lemonade powder. Combine the cake mix, pink lemonade mixture, applesauce, lemon zest, food coloring and oil in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans. Add sprinkles if using and bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.

Cool completely on wire racks before serving.

These cupcakes seriously taste like summer. No frosting is needed for these babies; they taste amazing on their own. Although there were 24 cupcakes, I have amazing family members and wonderful neighbors who were more than willing to take almost all of these off my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment